SOFT SKILLS BOOT CAMP
November 8, 2018
A one day, highly interactive leadership development program to help you master the critical soft skills needed in today’s competitive workplace and take your career to the next level.
University of Southern California
Wallis Annenberg Hall, ANN 106
Los Angeles, CA
Save $250 on this event with code TSBC18 when you check out.
You'll Learn How To
- Measure your current soft skills proficiency with our proprietary Third Space Thinking Assessment available only to boot camp participants
- Employ critical leadership skills to navigate the C-suite and influence stakeholders
- Build empathy to improve employee, customer and stakeholder relationships
- Become a better problem solver to increase program success
- Unlock innovative ideas that help drive organizational collaboration
- Increase professional performance to provide you and your company a competitive advantage
- Attendees will receive a certificate in LEADERSHIP DEVELOPMENT from USC Annenberg
- A new onsite + online format to save you time and money
- Build your professional network at the Boot Camp and with our Third Space Thinking problem solving app
- A private, one-on-one session with a professional certified coach
Who Should Attend
The Soft Skills Boot Camp is designed for high performers with 5 to 10 years’ experience in corporations, nonprofits, government and startups with existing roles in communications, human resources, strategic planning, finance, marketing, legal, sales and technology.
Participating companies have included: Google, IBM, Western Union, United Airlines, Southern California Edison, AECOM, Quest Diagnostics and more.
What Is Included
The registration fee includes daily sessions led by renowned USC faculty, leaders in business and entertainment and a special session with a USC coach; course materials; interactive team exercises; breakfast; lunch and on-campus parking.
WHAT PARTICIPANTS ARE SAYING
I think anyone can buy or access hard skills, but it’s the soft skills that are the differentiator. They make the difference between the company that wins and the company that comes in second. And we want to be the company that wins.
Susannah Thurston, Corporate Communications, Delta Airlines
I believe every leader should have an opportunity to attend one of these boot camps because it makes you a better leader. Sometimes we forget that soft skills can make you perform much better.
Paula Barifouse, Corporate Communications, Director for Latin American Caribbean Region, Western Union
Event Will Start In
Learn More About Last Year’s Boot Camp
Last October, the Center held its first Boot Camp. A total of 25 participants from a diverse set of organizations attended the two-day camp, including IBM, Google, AECOM, United Airlines, Western Union, Edison International, Quest Diagnostics, the Annenberg Foundation and others. The Boot Camp was an overwhelming success with 90 percent of the participants rating the overall experience as excellent or good. A complete rundown on the first Boot Camp can be found here.
Interested in Being a Sponsor?
If you are interested in becoming a Boot Camp sponsor, please contact Shellee Smith, executive director, USC Annenberg Center for Third Space Thinking at 626.319.1062 or email her at firstname.lastname@example.org.
More About The USC Annenberg Center for Third Space Thinking
Housed in USC’s Annenberg School for Communication and Journalism, the Center for Third Space Thinking is dedicated to conducting applied research, leadership development, community empowerment and teaching a whole new generation of leaders the problem-solving skills needed to thrive in a digitally disrupted world. More information on the center can be found here.